Within the context of AceForm4.0, a project funded by the European Commission within the Horizon 2020 program, and together with six other European partners, we at Flamac have been given the task to help define the European research agenda for the formulated products industries. A key part of this work relies on the identification of common technological challenges faced by the European formulation industries and all associated players along the whole value chain.
In order to map out a research plan your opinion and input on the future of formulation technology and methodology is extremely valuable. If you would like to take the chance to provide your views and suggestions, we invite you to participate in the online survey that will be conducted from February to May this year.
Some important facts about the survey:
- Main Purpose: To identify the common technological challenges faced by the European Formulation Industry and its associated sectors along the whole value chain. These findings will serve as guidelines for the allocation of European public funding for research and development activities during the next 5-10 years.
- Target audiences: industrial/commercial organisations producing formulated products/formulations as well all associated sectors along the value chain, these include: industrial/commercial organisations operating in close relationship to the formulation industries; the scientists and the research community as well as relevant Technology Platforms, Public Private Partnerships and Joint Undertakings.
- The survey is divided into four sections:
– The first two sections of the survey are dedicated to identifying the profile of the participant and the technical challenges and opportunities.
– The third and fourth sections are exclusively dedicated to the identification of challenges and opportunities for the formulation industry in the context of the two mega trends Circular Economy and Industry 4.0, respectively.
- Duration: The survey will be conducted during the first and second quarters of 2017.
- What happens with the collected information? The findings from this survey will be analysed and translated into a common vision for sustainable formulated products and an implementation plan for 2025. One-to-one interviews and workshops will be carried out as part of the process to preparing this common vision.
- When and how will the outcome of the survey be made available? The results will be made available to the public on a continuous basis during 2017 and 2018 through the AceForm4.0 project website.
Thank you very much for taking the time to help defining a meaningful research agenda for the European Formulated product industries!
Please feel free to forward this information to colleagues who you think might be interested in the project or in joining the EU-FIG.
The AceForm4.0 team